Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Math Challenge using Measurements

Welcome visitors!

 It is a wonderful day today and I hope you feel the same way too. I am glad you have visited my blog post and I thought you will like this.

Today, I am going to post my Math Challenge that I did last week and explain how I solved it. 
I watched a gif. on giphy.com about inserting different shapes of cardboard that can fit inside the box. Here is the screenshot of it. 




I drew some lines the same thing as this picture above on a cardboard without any measurements. Then I cut it following the lines. There were some question if I could mathematically prove a statement in a task. I chose a question about comparing sizes: 3 and 4 are the same size as 2.  Here are the screenshot of the task.





To prove if 3 and 4 are the same size as 2, I used a ruler to measure each side of shapes. I found out that the shape 2 is longer than shapes 3 and 4. Here is the study that I made.





I like this learning today because measuring is fun to do. I hope you learned why measurements are important to compare sizes on this blog. Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment if you have other way to solve my Math Challenge. Have a great day.mat

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Liyahn. I am impressed that you cut out the shapes and proved your way of thinking. I know I would have had to do the same to be sure of the result. I look forward to everyone's new blogs. Have you been doing more cooking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane.
      My mom taught how to fry an egg and my dad taught my how to grill a fish.

      Delete
  2. Hi Liyahn!
    This has been done just like the example Liyahn! I would love to see your own thinking and your efforts. Could you try a blog post all by yourself today?

    ReplyDelete