Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Proving My Thinking 4

Hello everyone!

Today I am going to share my thinking about Taro leaves to split it for 4 families. Here is my solution.



Tasi has picked 52 taro leaves from the back garden.
These taro leaves will be shared with 4 families.
How many leaves will they each get?


I think the answer is 13 taro leaves for 4 families because I know my division.
52 divided by 4 = 13 


I also know the answer is 13 because I know my multiplication.
13 x 4 = 52 


I can show that each family of 4 has 13 taro leaves by showing it by fraction and addition.


¼ = 13
2/4 = 26
¾ = 39
4/4 = 52

13 + 13 + 13 + 13 = 52


Thank you for reading my blog post I hope you learnt something interesting about this blog.
Please leave a comment and have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Annyeong Liyahn,
    It is good to see so many posts!
    I can understand some of your thinking but was a bit muddled with the fractions. I would think that 2/4 =1/2 which would be 26. And 3/4 would be 39 and 4/4 would be a whole which would be 52?
    Let me know what you think?
    Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Diane,
      Yes you are correct. I have updated my fractions. I think it is now correct. Thank you so much for telling me.

      Delete