Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Proving My thinking 8

Hello readers,

Today I am going to share you my Math Thinking. Here is my presentation.








Maria is Making head ‘Ei. She has 56 frangipanis and wants to make 7 ‘ai.
How many frangipanis can she put on each ‘ai?


I think the answer is 8 frangipanis on each ‘ai because I know my division.
56 divided by 7 = 8

I also know the answer is 8 because I know my multiplication.
7 x 8 = 56

I can show that there are 8 frangipanis on each ‘ai because I know my addition.

‘Ai 1 ‘ai 2 ‘ai 3 ‘ai 4 ‘ai 5
   8                    8   8   8   8

8 + 8 + 8 + 8 + 8 = 40

‘Ai 6 ‘ai 7
   8   8

8 + 8 = 16

40 + 16 = 56


Thank you for reading my blog post. Please leave a comment and have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liyahn,
    I see you have done a few things since I was on last.
    I like the way you have put the illustration on. Have you ever seen a frangipani? They are beautiful.
    I found the way we did it at school was really easy. Make 7 circles and keep putting a dot in each until you get to 56. Did you do this for your addition or multiplication?
    Good work.

    ReplyDelete