Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Proving My Thinking 6

Kia ora readers,

Today my going to share my Math Thinking by proving it. Here is my solution.






Lani is selling bags of feijoas which weigh ½ a kg each. She collects a
bucket of feijoas which weigh 4 ¾ kg. How many bags can she make?


I think the answer is 9 bags of feijoas because there’s two bags per kilogram.
½ kg +½ kg = 1 kg = 2 bags 
½ kg + ½ kg = 1kg = 2 bags 
½ kg + ½ kg = 1kg = 2 bags 
½ kg + ½ kg = 1kg = 2 bags 
½ kg = 1 bag 
¼ kg is extra feijoas

I also know the answer is 9 bags because I know my addition.
1 kg 1kg 1kg 1kg 1/2kg
2 bags 2 bags 2 bags 2 bags 1 bag

2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 9 bags 

I also know the answer is 9 bags because I know my multiplication and addition.

2 x 4 = 8 + 1 = 9 bags


Thank you for reading my blog post. Please leave a comment and have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Liyahn,

    I enjoyed reading the way you showed your findings to solve this maths problem. I agree with you they way that you made 4 bags to total 4 kilograms and then added up what was left over. It is also important to know your basic facts and multiplication when working out the answers. Thank you for sharing. Kapai mahi.

    Nga mihi,
    Mrs Carter (Rm 24 - PES).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa Liyahn,
    I think you have laid out your answer very well.I am enjoying seeing different children's strategies. Have you looked at anyone else's blogs?

    ReplyDelete